CALL TO ARTISTS: ARTWORK FOR THE KENYA ART FAIR 2017- 'WASANII EXHIBITION'
Fair Dates: 17th- 19th November 2017
As part of the Kenya Art Fair’s mission to promote the growth of the visual arts in the region, each edition of the fair includes the Wasanii Exhibition which exhibits emerging artists alongside established artists. The focus for this year’s exhibition is COHESION. Any attempts at imagining a cohesive society must necessarily start from an acknowledgement and examination of our many differences. Without concerted efforts to understand different lived realities of all those who make up this society, and work across these differences, the claim to cohesion remains untenable. Accordingly, artists are invited to make submissions that elaborate, confront, and question our visions of a cohesive society.
- Wasanii welcomes submissions in any media and any style, and artists at all levels of their careers are encouraged to apply.
- Artworks submitted for consideration must have been made within the past two years, and artists should submit no more than 3 works for consideration.
- 2D works should be a minimum of 40cm x 40cm and a maximum of 200cm x 200cm; 3D works should be a minimum of 50 x 50 x 50 cm, and a maximum of 200 x 200 x 200 cm. Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submissions MUST be photographs of actual work; slides, catalogues, and PowerPoint presentations will not be considered as submissions.
- All submissions MUST include:
- Up to date contact information of the artist; full name (first name, middle name, surname)
- Captions for each work submitted for consideration: Title, Medium, Dimensions, Year
- An artist’s bio/profile of no more than 200 words
- (Optional) A description of no more than 100 words for each submitted work, including any contextual or technical information pertaining to the work.
- Digital images
- Submit up to six (6) images
- Image files must be JPEGs (.jpg), min, width 1920 px
- Each file name must be saved as LastName-FirstName-No.jpg, e.g. Doe-Joe-1.jpg In the case of collaborative works the name used in the file name should be that of the primary contact.
All submissions, prepared in accordance with the guidelines stated above, should be sent to email@example.com. Any submissions that do not come in through the provided address will
NOT be considered. Deadline for submission: 26 September 2017. Applicants will be informed of the status of their submission via email on or before 29 September 2017.
For any further clarifications please contact:
Contact KAF: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mobile: 0721262326/ 0733742752